Professional Membership Application Requirements
In order to accommodate different traditions, educational backgrounds and models, we include 3 different educational pathways for our professional membership. They include:
- Formal education
- Self directed study
- Apprenticeship through an oral tradition
The details of each pathway of application are outlined in full detail in the five files of our application package below:
- HANB Professional Membership Application (RHP)
- CCHA Code of Ethics
- CCHA Disciplinary Procedures
- CCHA Educational Standards
- CCHA Scope of Practice
Professional Membership Fees
- HANB Practitioner Membership (registered herbal practitioner) $100.00
- One-time administration fee (non-refundable) $50.00
- Annual Membership runs from January 1 to December 31 each year.
Professional Membership Maintenance
- To maintain your professional membership, you must show that you have completed 30 hours of professional development each year.
Professional Membership Benefits Include
Practitioner Members offer their registered title and related clinical services to the general public as an herbalist. Benefits include those for general members plus the following items:
- May display services at HANB selected events.
- May participate in decision-making about standards, scope of practice and disciplinary procedures for professional herbalists in New Brunswick.
- Listing on the Practitioner section of the website.
- Benefit of being a registered practitioner, accountable to a standard of education, code of ethics, scope of practice and governing board of directors.
How to become a Registered Herbal Practitioner (RHP) with HANB:
- Read the CCHA documents; Scope of Practice, Code of Ethics, Educational Standards & Disciplinary Procedures,
- Complete the Practitioner Membership application
- Email or mail the application to HANB. Email: [email protected] or Mail: 29 Myronville Road Erbs Cove, NB E5N 1Z2
- Payment can be made here.
Once the application and payment has been received by HANB, a board member will contact you to arrange an interview.
For questions or concerns about the professional membership process please email [email protected]